Most families are going to gather this Thanksgiving and drink the classics: beer, whiskey/bourbon, or that stuff one of your cousins randomly bring that they call moonshine.
This list is meant to give you a “leg” up on making this Thanksgiving memorable, and help you dominate your family and friend parties.
Pumpkin Spice Mules
Are we out of pumpkin season yet? I don’t think so but it’s getting close. This spin on the traditional “Moscow Mule” is sure to capture all of those people who aren’t ready for pumpkin season to end.
- 1/2 c.pumpkin pie vodka
- 1/4 c.apple cider
- 1(12-oz.) can ginger beer
- Pumpkin spice, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Apple Cider Mimosas
Time to punt the summer citrusy mimosas and upgrade to a more fall/winter blend that should make your 2pm Thanksgiving dinner a little more exciting.
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. apple cider
- 1 (750-ml.) bottle prosecco or Champagne
Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots
SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS! EVERRRYYBOOOODAAAYYYY!
Put a modern twist on this traditional Thanksgiving desert by infusing it with some alcohol. I picture this as more of a nighttime cocktail, but then again, the idea of drinking more after a massive Thanksgiving dinner doesn’t sound inviting at all. So maybe before dinner? I’ll leave that up to you.
- 2 (3.4-oz.) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. Fireball whisky
- 1/4 c. vodka
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped topping, for garnish
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- Cinnamon graham cracker squares, for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together vanilla pudding, milk, Fireball, vodka, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Step 2: Spoon into shot glasses and refrigerate until set, 1 hour.
- Step 3: Top each shot with whipped topping, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a graham cracker.
*All recipes have been taken from delish.com